If you’re a boy writer, it’s a simple rule: you’ve gotta get used to the fact that you suck at writing women and that the worst women writer can write a better man than the best male writer can write a good woman. And it’s just the minimum. Because the thing about the sort…
WHY YOU SHOULD GO WATCH WADJDA RIGHT NOW IMMIDIETLY
- takes place in saudi arabia
- all characters muslim
- really, really well written. it’s essentially a slice-of-life comedy about a 10-year-old-girl trying to save up enough money to buy a bike, and the roadblocks she hits while doing so.
- all the characters, most of which are women, are fleshed-out, enjoyable, and given their own seperate character arc. every single arc just hits it right on the head. it’s basically a cast of well-written, well-acted muslim characters.
- first saudi arabian feature film to be directed by a woman
- it’s funny. like, really fucking funny.
- oh my god.
- go watch wadjda.
- here i even have a link you can watch it right now
- there is literally no reason to watch this perfect fucking film right now
- if you like well written comedies with a mostly-female, all-muslim, all person-of-color cast, just watch this ok
- i’M NOT K IDDING SOMEONE WATCH WADJDA SO THEY CAN TALK ABOUT IT WITH ME
A lot of reasons, mostly on my end. Distance, being at different points in life, changing feelings…. I still care about this person as intensely as before, but in a different way.
If you want to know more about it, please come off anon- I’m ok talking about it more specifically but not to a greyface.
PSA: if you’re a porn blog, please don’t follow me expecting a follow-back. I’m not quite sure why you’re following me unless you’re personally interested in the content I post, but I won’t follow back and I’d prefer if you’d follow me on your personal blog instead.
Marriage equality is cool and all, but uh…
Trickle down equality, yo!
the next targets.